Sports Premium Grant
What is the Sports Premium Grant?
The Sports Premium Grant is additional funding from the Government to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. It is also for improving the health and wellbeing of primary pupils.
How much is the Sports Premium Grant?
Allocations for the academic year 2016/17 are calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 and those age 5 in Reception, as recorded at the January 2016 Census as follows:
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £8,000 plus £5 per eligible pupil.
At Enfield Academy of New Waltham, we received £9980.00 for the academic year 2016/17.
In the academic year 2015 - 2016, we received £8485.00.
How will the Sports Premium grant be spent?
This grant is used to improve provision for all our pupils in the following ways:
- We have undertaken a partnership with Premier Sports, who provide qualified sports, dance and gym coaches to deliver PE and healthy lifestyles provision
|Area of Provision||Support provided by Premier Sports||
|Curricular provision||2 X afternoons of P.E. following agreed long-term plan.||
Improve physical activity
Provide impact measurement and individual pupil assessment through school portal.
6 X P.E. enrichment sessions
(split over 12 afternoons)
|Offering the children different activities from an external provider to stimulate engagement in P.E.|
Golden Mile licence
3 x Baseline measurements
Mass participation, evidencing progression for all.
2 X Sport Active after-school clubs
Inspire to compete - lunch-time club
Inspire to engage - lunch-time club
|Increase participation, engagement and competition|
3 X full day CPD for all staff
|Increase competence in delivery of P.E.|
- We have bought in additional PE equipment for enriching our curriculum - cricket sets and indoor athletics equipment being the most recent acquisitions
- We employ a football coach to run our team football club, in order to develop skills and ensure Enfield Academy has a competitive football team when competing in local matches and tournaments
- Annually, Year 5 pupils have the opportunity to attend 'bikeability' sessions on-site to improve their road sense when cycling around the locality
- We attend local tournaments and sports skills training events provided by our local 'Schools Sports Partnership' to compete against other schools in sports undertaken in school
In the academic year 2016 -2017, this is how our money was spent:
- Our partnership with Premier Sports - £6445.00
- Use of qualified football coach for the team - £1500.00
- SSP events attended - £30.00 per event
- PE equipment and resources - £642.00
- Bikeability training - £200.00
- Staffing costs linked to healthy and active lifestyles awareness - £1000
What is the Impact of the Sports Premium Grant?
- Increased opportunities for all of our pupils to access a wider variety of PE and Sports
- Opportunity to develop the competitive element of sports and the skills of sportsmanship
- Increased opportunities for our pupils with sporting talents to train and compete with pupils with similar skills
- Developed pupil understanding of the importance of keeping fit and healthy and ways that they can improve their health and fitness.
- Pupils who are fitter, healthier and are motivated to continue to improve.
- Pupils who achieve higher skill levels & who make better progress in PE
- Pupils who display greater confidence in their sporting abilities
- Pupils who display higher self-esteem
- Staff who are more confident to deliver all aspects of the PE curriculum.
- Enfield beat all schools across the region in the annual orienteering competition
Please read the attached document about how we measure the impact of our spending:
How will the Sports Premium be monitored?
The use of the Sports Premium Grant is monitored and reviewed by the school’s leadership team each term.
A report is fed back to governors and discussed at the Full Governing Body meetings.